Why I believe that the Rapture will come before the Great Tribulation:
1) This follows a literal, chronological order to the Word of God.
2) The Bible speaks of the churches being saved from “the wrath to come”
* I Thessalonians 1:10, 5:9, Revelation 3:10
* Note that there is no mention of the church from Revelation chapter 4 until chapter 19.
3) The Anti-Christ will come on the scene at the beginning of the Tribulation
* Holy Spirit’s presence will be greatly removed due to the rapture (II Thes. 2:7,8)
* The rapture will probably be the one great global event to unite the world behind a world leader.
4) There are many obvious distinctions between God’s dealing with Israel and with the Church (to be discussed in great detail on a later post). The seven year Tribulation is God’s direct dealing with Israel and has nothing to do with the Church.
5) The Rapture will be a surprise “in the twinkling of an eye”.
6) The seven year period in Heaven is the period of time that the Church will be at the Judgement seat of Christ and The marriage of the Bride (church) to Christ.
7) There is no mention of the Tribulation period in the Epistles. If we (the Church) were to go through it, it would make sense for us to have instruction to endure it.