1. Walk with God everyday.
2. Acknowledge my calling is from God.
3. Surrender to self often.
4. Give of self to others.
5. Keep your family spiritually fed.
6. Dig out God’s commands and live by them.
7. Determine to witness to someone everyday.
* Given by Dr. Shelton Smith at a Pastor’s fellowship in Dover, PA on March 5, 2013.
Prayer is the channel through which all good flows to men. Prayer is a privilege, a sacred, princely privilege. Prayer is a duty, an obligation most binding, and most imperative, which should hold us to it. But prayer is more than a privilege, more than a duty. It is the appointed condition of getting God’s aid. It is the avenue through which God supplies man’s wants.”
- I’d rather have Jesus than silver or gold;
I’d rather be His than have riches untold;
I’d rather have Jesus than houses or lands;
I’d rather be led by His nail-pierced hand
Than to be the king of a vast domain
And be held in sin’s dread sway;
I’d rather have Jesus than anything
This world affords today.
- I’d rather have Jesus than men’s applause;
I’d rather be faithful to His dear cause;
I’d rather have Jesus than worldwide fame;
I’d rather be true to His holy name
- He’s fairer than lilies of rarest bloom;
He’s sweeter than honey from out the comb;
He’s all that my hungering spirit needs;
I’d rather have Jesus and let Him lead