When troubles and trials come our way (and they will) how do I properly respond? What is my reaction supposed to be? Here a 5 key points I use:
1) Remember that the world looks at our reaction. It is our response during the trials of life that should separate us from those who do not know Christ. During the good times everyone, saved or unsaved, can look happy. How do we respond when things get bad?
2) Keeping look ahead! We often want to focus on the dire circumstances around us. Sometimes we even get lost in the problems of our past. The Scriptures tells us “forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forth unto those things which are before I press toward the mark”. Our focus should always be on those things which are above and before us not the sinking sand around us.
3) I am a child of the King – I should act like it! We are joint heirs with Jesus Christ. We have a home prepared for us in Heaven. We have an eternity to dwell in the presence of the Almighty God. We have no cause for living a defeated life.
4) I must remember that God is always good, Always! God never lies. His promises are true. He promised us “I will never leave thee nor forsake thee”. God did not forget us or lose track of us. He knows where we are and what we need this very hour.
5) I still have a God given job to do. I cannot shirk my responsibilities. I am still a Father/Mother or Husband/Wife or Church Member or Sunday School teacher or choir member, etc. I am still commissioned to ‘go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature’. My God given job has not changed. I must remain busy in His work.